World Baking Day... keep calm and eat cake!!
Happy World Baking Day!
At Edge Student Living, there’s nothing we enjoy more than a good piece of cake! To celebrate the occasion that is World Baking Day, we thought we’d share this really easy recipe with you. It’s one of our all-time favourites and if you’ve never baked a cake before, this is a good place to start. You won’t believe how incredible it tastes… a good one to try which will impress your family and friends!
It’s time to get your bake on and give it a go!
Easy-peasy Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g butter
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- Grated rind of a lemon
- For the drizzle: 75g caster sugar and juice of the lemon
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160/gas 4. Line a loaf tin (will fit in 1lb loaf tin but we use 2lb)
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, butter, milk, eggs and lemon rind.
- Pop the mixture in the loaf tin and cook for 40-50 minutes until golden.
- Once out of the oven, leave in the tin and heat the drizzle ingredients together in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Poke a few holes in the cake a pour over the drizzle syrup. We sometimes like to sprinkle an extra bit of sugar over the top of the cake at this point too but it’s not essential!
- When cool, remove from tin and enjoy!
FOLLOW US ON TIK TOK @edgestudentliving to see us in action having a go at this recipe!!
- Top tips on how to make the most of your studies
- Our tenants highly recommend us!
- What to look out for when choosing your student home
- How to make living in shared student accommodation a breeze!
- World Baking Day... keep calm and eat cake!!